Both K3 and KX3 come with the TX and RX EQ, I find these radios are very
accommodating for many low cost headsets.  I experimented a number of computer
boom headsets and currently am using a Panasonic light weight boom headset
costing me only US$20.  In fact, by all means, when you come across some low
cost computer headsets, give them a try and you will be amazed to find they are
really not bad at all.

I gave up Heil for long time because they are too pricy for me.  I used CM500
which was good but too heavy to be worn for long time.  Therefore, I now settle
on some low cost computer headsets.

Do experiment with the settings in TX and RX EQ and you can find a sweet spot.
I can still hear above 12KHz.  My good hearing sometimes does trouble me
because I am very sensitive to the artifacts from the DSP audio.

73

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
 寄件人︰ David Bunte <dpbu...@gmail.com>
收件人︰ Ignacy <n...@arrl.net>
副本(CC)︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期︰ 2014年07月18日 (週五) 9:56 PM
主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] K3 Audio: from OK to superior

Ignacy -

I know some folks who really LOVE their Heil ProSet... but I sold mine
after a few months and got the CM500.  For me the Heil was not
comfortable.  It sounded fine, but I think the CM500 sounds just as good,
and is FAR more comfortable on my big ears.

Dave - K9FN