When I got my K3 in Oct 2008, my station headset was configured for my TS-870, so falling for the hype, I traipsed down to the local ham emporium (since closed) and picked up a Heil.

After trying it ever so briefly I couldn't return it fast enough. I discovered the CM500 and found it to be outstanding. As far as I know, I was the first to bring the CM500 to the attention of the Elecraft reflector. Mine has been used so much that the cushions are starting to shed a little, so I was thinking of buy another one. Unfortunately, the price in "print 'em by the trillions" O dollars has almost doubled since 2008, so I might hold off for a couple of years.

Wes  N7WS