> It sounded fine, but I think the CM500 sounds just as good,
> and is FAR more comfortable on my big ears.

Agreed ... After Bob Heil refused to provide repair parts (mic shell
and element) or repair my original Proset for less than the cost of
a *NEW* replacement from one of the on-line retailers, I replaced it
with *two* CM-500s for less than the cost of a replacement Proset (one
CM-500 is still on the shelf as a spare).

The CM-500 is far more comfortable, its receive audio quality is as
good or better than the Proset, and provides transmit audio every bit
as good as the Proset HC5 or HC6.

I use receive EQ *in addition to* careful, mode appropriate RX DSP
filtering, to roll off both low frequency rumble and high frequency
hiss but I also did that the Proset.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV