I very rarely use a headset - no reason for it. I have a set of powered/amplified Behringer station speakers that are far more comfortable to use than headsets. Perhaps some ops have very noisy locations for their shacks - dogs, kids, mother-in-law??? RX conditions have to be really bad before I will resort to a headset. In my experience, if I cannot hear it with the speakers, I am unlikely to improve the situation with the headset. Before you drill me into the ground for the way I do things, remember - it is the way I do things. I am not saying anyone else should follow suit.

Bill W2BLC