Since it is running via a serial port, is it possible that the software is
overrunning the buffers?  Too much data, too fast?  If it were close, that
would certainly cause an issue that could require a reset of the system.

Rick, WA6NHC

PS It ain't pretty, but I'm doing the happy dance, Tromelin at LAST!

iPad = small keypad = typos = sorry ;-)