Don,

You are correct.  I tried it on a Mac with a brand new cable (I have many
extras as I have bought a lot of Elecraft toys).  See my notes on the post
that just went to the reflector.  Good ideas and I got to a solution just
before reading this.  Thanks for the help.

On a side note, I wish I could use a Mac in the shack for everything
natively (not in a VM like Parallels or VMWare, etc).

Thanks for the input and 73,

K5RHD

/randy