I ran into this years ago it turned out to be the Plug and not the jack.
a simple fix is to wrap a piece of fine sandpaper (600+ grit) and wrap it
around the plug and twist.
Some plugs seem to have a slight film on them ant this removes it

      From: W2BLC <w2...@nycap.rr.com>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 8:29 AM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 phone plug

I had that problem early on and figured it was a film of some kind on
the innards of the jack - had to wiggle the plug to get it to work.
So........ I used some of that high dollar contact cleaner on the plug
and then while it was still dripping wet, plugged it in and twisted it
around for a few seconds. That fixed the problem. Your mileage may vary!

Bill W2BLC K-Line

Message delivered to hlyin...@yahoo.com