In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
I built K2 Nr 413 and made lots of CW contacts, the built in Mojo was great.
I stopped using it because the crystal oscillator in the side tone was not a pure sine wave and it became offensive to my ear. I only use CW.

I have been informed by a K2 op that the more recent versions have a better side tone.

That is correct, Charles. There was a mod by WJ4P, called the "Sinewave Sidetone Mod" which involved fitting a 47K resistor in series with C24 (0.0027uF) on the control board and soldering a 39mH choke across pins 7 & 10 of RP5. Ensure that C33 is a 2.2uF. If not, replace it.

There is a document around about the mod somewhere and I am trying to locate it. If I find it I will e-mail it to you.

The later Revision B K2 has a sinewave mod incorporated.

73 de David G4DMP