This sounds like a harmless change and might even do some good. I wish there were a good way to measure its effect, however, because I'm betting it won't make a bit of difference in errors in using split. You have to look at the K3 display for it to be effective and I believe that is the root cause of the problem. People don't pay attention. At least with this change, Elecraft will have done just about all it can reasonably do and we'll see if we ever have this discussion again in the future.

73, Ted, W2ZK