On 2015-02-18 12:05 PM, Dwayne Rohmer wrote:
> I suggested CONFIG: DELTA-F LED (nor or FLASH) as a solution to those
> that need another "flag" to indicate SPLIT. If you don't want it, you
> wouldn't have to configure it.

I agree that this is the least cost and least objectionable *additional*
split indicator.

Since the objective is to easily determine or verify the transmit
frequency with SPLIT, RIT, and XIT ops, maybe a CONFIG option could
enable the Transmit frequency (in this case, VFO B) to flash three
times on key down, but only when operating SPLIT, RIT, and XIT.

> I propose CONFIG: Tx FREQ (nor or FLASH).

How about ... the transmit VFO - whichever VFO is selected - display
blinks when transmitting.  In addition to CONFIG:TX FREQ (NOR | FLASH)
include CONFIG: DISP FLASH (ON | TX ONLY) to select whether the TX VFO
will flash ALL THE TIME or only in transmit.  That way, those who want
an "in your face" display can have it in spades.

After all, SPLIT is an English word and may not be understandable by
all potential users of the transceiver - particularly those for whom
English is not their first or even second language.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV