      From: "Cady, Fred" <fc...@ece.montana.edu>
 To: Warren Merkel <hullspee...@gmail.com>; "elecraft@mailman.qth.net"
<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:54 AM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] How can I get more Programmable Macros? (feature
request?)

I don't know who first came up with this clever idea but here is the concept
and an example:

The concept is this:
*    Program a macro, say MACRO 7, and assign it to a function key, say PF2, to
perform the first of sequence of commands.  End the macro definition by
assigning PF2 to the next macro command sequence, say MACRO 8.
*    Program MACRO 8 to do the second sequence of commands and end it by
assigning PF2 to perform MACRO 7.
Here is how it would work to use PF2 to enter the Split mode using the
dual-watch receiver with the first hold, and then to exit Split mode with the
second hold of PF2.
*    Using the Utility, assign MACRO 7 to:
SWT25;SWT25;FT0;SB1;UP7;MN110;SWT33;SWH26;MN255;
The first five enter dual-watch and QSY VFO A up 5.  The other commands assign
MACRO 8 to PF2:
MN110;    Enter the MACRO x menu (equivalent to holding MENU and rotating VFO B
to MACRO x).
SWT33;    Tap the 8 switch.
SWH26;    Hold PF2.  (This assigns PF2 to the commands in MACRO 8.)
MN255;    Exit menu mode.
Now,
*    Assign MACRO 8 to:
SWT25;SWT25;FT0;SB0;MN110;SWT32;SWH26;MN255;
SWT32;    Tap the 7 switch.
SWH26;    Hold PF2.  (This assigns PF2 to the commands stored in MACRO 7.)
Send the macros to the K3 using the K3 utility and then enter the MACRO 7 menu
and hold PF2 to assign it to enter Split mode.  The next PF2 hold will take us
out of Split.  Subsequent holds toggle back and forth.

Neato, eh?

Cheers,
Fred KE7X

Message delivered to hlyin...@yahoo.com