I just got my radio back from Elecraft. They changed a diode and put the new
sync board in it. It was shipped back and tonight was the first time I had a
chance to get on the air. I meet every weekend with a few guys on 80 meters.
One of the guys has a flex radio that he watches everyones audio. I started
to say hello and everyone said my audio was not good. I went in and checked
all of my settings and found that my eq setting were not the same. I changed
them and was told that I still sounded bad. The flex guy said I had real bad
spikes and raspy audio. I checked everything and all connectors and did not
find anything. I continued to talk for a while and without touching anything
except my heil button to talk all of a sudden the audio went to great audio.
Everyone was complementing me on my audio again. After about an hour my
audio went from great to bad again. Nothing had been changed. I even
switched antennas and it would go from bad to good and just switch when ever
it felt like it. I don't know what is going on. I have always had great
audio. Help please.
Thanks
Gerald Manthey KC6CNN  K3 serial # 6294

-----