Gerald posted the reason a few posts down, Olli.

73,
Scott N9AA

On 6/24/15 1:28 AM, KC6CNN wrote:
Howard told me that if I removed the
fans and circuit breaker panel off of the back side I would be able to see
where the amp connected in. Howard e-mailed me two pictures one the correct
way and the other was one they had found the caused a similar problem. I
pulled the plate off of my radio and sure enough the amplifier was not
seated all the way down in the connector. I pushed down on the amp board and
it seated completely with the connecting board. I then loosened all the
screws on both the board and the amp and made sure they were seated and then
retightened the screws. My K3 is now functioning great.