Rick,

When you say WWV zero beats at exactly 10.000 in USB mode, what exactly are you "zero beating"? The carrier or one of the transmitted tones? What happens if you are not in either Split or Diversity - reception on the main receiver only (turn the SUB off)?

What the P3 should show is the WWV carrier at 10.000 MHz, but the K3 audio will not be receiving that carrier in SSB mode. The K3 will receive one or the other of the sidebands, so the green band will be offset from the center indicating the sideband that is being received. The center of the green band should be offset by the amount of shift you have dialed in on the SHIFT/WIDTH knobs. If you are using LO/HI CUT, the amount it should be shifted will be the center of the difference between the Hi and Lo frequencies.

Normally when you listen to an SSB station, the K3 frequency will indicate the suppressed carrier frequency - but WWV is an AM station, and when tuned properly to listen to the audio, you will not hear the carrier (it is out of the receive passband), but the P3 will still indicate the carrier of the WWV signal.

73,
Don W3FPR