Everyone - much thanks for the input.  I will try for a compiled response
since I had so many responses!

"what exactly are you zero beating?
The WWV carrier ... well ok I'm not exactly zero beating in the proper
sense.  By tuning the K3 through the 10.000 MHz WWV AM station using SSB
mode with Lo = 0.00, I can quickly confirm the extremely low frequency audio
is indeed the carrier and that it 'goes through zero Hz" at 10.000 MHz.
Again, this is not a proper zero beat but it's close enough for Gov't work
:)

"What happens if you are not in either Split or Diversity"
WWV 10 MHz carrier 'zero beatsz at exactly 10.000 MHz

"If you are using LO/HI CUT ..." and other comments about band pass ...
Yep, understood. Lo = 0.00 and Hi = 2.80 when I observed this.

Normally when you listen to an SSB station ...
"Yep, understand.  See my test description.

"If you have a combination of 5- and 8-pole filters in the main and/or sub
receivers"
I used 8-pole filters exclusively.  I -did- buy them about a year or two
apart, however, that should not matter.

"What filters do you have installed?"
Main: 1=15k, 2=6k,  3=2.8k, 4=2.1k, 5=0.4k
 Sub: 1=0.0, 2=0.0, 3=2.8k, 4=2.1k, 5=0.4k
 Freq Offset = 0.00 for all
 Gain = 0.00 for all except Filter 5 which is set to 2 db on Main and Sub

"Pay close attention to the filter bandwidth you have dialed in, and make
sure that BOTH the main receiver and sub-receiver are using filters of the
SAME bandwidth"

OK, I took a good hard look at the XFIL value as I went in and out of
Diversity ...
Tuning to 10.0000 again.
Lo = 0.00 and Hi = 2.80
Main Rx uses FL3 (2.8 kHz).
Diversity uses FL3 also.

!!!!
*Now wait a darned minute* ... the 1.5 kHz shift 'went away'.  I don't know
how.  I did fix some 20M DIGOUT settings I had whacked over Field Day but
that surely can't affect this.
!!!!

Wayne
I can no longer replicate this and I have not a clue how it fixed itself.

I'm game to try more tests but heck I'm going to use this on IARU while I
can!

Rick AG6AY