Vic, mostly it depends on where the item(s) are being sent to. I’ve been
selling on eBay for over 12 years, and I DO ship overseas. However, when it
comes to something really expensive, I opt not to do that for certain
countries. There are parts of the world that have a very, very bad reputation
for corruption in the postal system. Stuff is pilfered from the mail and
delivery agents. As a seller, you are told by eBay / PayPal that you are
protected against such things. In truth, it takes a LOT of effort to get
reimbursed if something goes lost on it’s way to a foreign country. If an item
is sent outside of the eBay / PayPal domain, getting re-imbursed is ever more
difficult.

And it is not just overseas shipping. Case in point - I sent a $500 classic
postage stamp to a buyer in Texas a few years ago. It was an eBay transaction.
I had sent it via USPS, with insurance, tracking number, etc. It disappeared.
The buyer supposedly had told the PO to hold his mail while on vacation. The PO
said they mistakenly delivered it and “someone” signed for it. It took me
almost THREE MONTHS and a whole lot of paperwork to get my money back and then
refund it to the buyer. It was an ugly process. Should something like that
happen with an overseas shipment, good luck getting the PO in that country to
own up to what happened or even respond to inquiries.

Would I have a problem shipping to Canada, Great Britain, France, etc…?
Probably not, But there are other places (un mentioned here) where I would not
even consider shipping to.

Anyway, that’s my viewpoint on it. :-)

73, Jim / W6JHB
Folsom, CA