On 8/20/2015 12:59 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
I also "don't get it". Especially those who specify "Continental
USA" or "Lower 48". Priority Mail to Hawaii or Alaska or even Puerto
Rico is just like that in the rest of the US.

The seller here specified that he would pay standard surface shipping.
Those costs are substantially higher to Alaska, Hawaii, and other US
Territories.  I can understand a limitation with regard to shipping.

> Yes, International shipping is not difficult at all, just fill in the
> customs declaration.

Customs declaration is only a small part of the issue ... most sellers
will get eaten alive by currency fees and there is no easy recourse if
something goes wrong in an international transaction.  It's one thing
for me to ship a "care package" to my son in VE2 and entirely more of
a risk to ship $2000 worth of goods somewhere in a "developing economy"
- particularly ones that have histories of "postal issues."

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV