Steve,

Make sure the data sub-mode is DATA A.

Do you have anything connected to the Line In jack?
The USB audio in is disabled if there is a plug in the Line In jack.

Adjust the slider on the computer soundcard control to about 2/3 of full and then adjust the K3S Line In (Mic gain used in DATA mode) to produce 4 bars solid with the 5th bar flickering on the ALC meter - you can do that in TX TEST mode so no RF is transmitted.

73,
Don W3FPR