Essentially impossible on my K3S. I could never get my head around HRD (even when it was free) so I can't speak to that. But with MMTTY I have my Windows slider at 20% and the Mic/Line Level control is still so sensitive that a change from 6 to 7 takes the ALC from 3 to 5 bars. These low setting then require an increase in VOX gain that then makes it too sensitive on SSB. Lowering the Windows gain exacerbates the problem. VOX and Mic gains should be totally independent. Sadly, in the K3 (both vintages) they are not.

If I had the appropriate serial cable I would go back to serial control and Line In/Line Out.

Wes  N7WS