*/I had an event several years ago where something hit Charter Cable several miles away the hit came in through the internet cable, hit the modem took out everything connected by
Ethernet cable back to the Motorola Modem.
The list includes .....
Motorola Modem
Wifi router
Magic Jack Plus
Dell 8400 that was connected via the Ethernet cable
And U1 I think it was on the K3 ki03 board which was connected via cable to the Dell 8400.

There never was a lightning event that I saw or heard, if the Dell would have been connected to the Wire Less WIFI and not hard wired via a cable the radio and computer would have been ok. I took the ocasion to send the radio back to Elecraft and have it updated there service is better than the best I sold a house full of Yaesu gear and never looked back.

Regards
Art
ka9zap
/*