Here is a site that provides free computer based spectrum displays. I use Spectrum View in conjunction with the USB soundcard within the K3S. It can be run in real time and you observe the changes that occur as the various parameters of BW and Shift are utilized. Easy to use and best of all, its FREE!

http://www.hotamateurprograms.com/previews.htm

With this application one can see the effect of the BW and Shift changes. Also with the markers, one can measure, with reasonable accuracy and repeatability, the results between different configurations.

I'm sure there's other applications. This one just happens to be one of my favorites and thus I don't move the HP Spectrum Analyzer from the shop to the station. {By the way I figured out what HP stands for............it's "Hernia Producing"}

73
Bob, K4TAX