Don't forget rain gutters and downspouts that may be slightly corroded at the joints, forming a diode.
They make nice frequency doublers due to the non-linear element.
John  AF6QO

On 2/22/2016 11:58 PM, Ian White wrote:
I feel sure that Jim and W3LPL are right. That rasping note is a big,
big clue that some *other* electronic device is also involved -
something else, in addition to your two K3s.

That "unknown third party" device is what you need to find. Begin by
switching off power to whole sections of the house,  and then go around
methodically unplugging individual devices. Murphy says: it's something
of yours, and it's right there in the shack.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of
Jim Brown
Sent: 23 February 2016 04:42
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Slighty off topic - 80 meter second harmnic how
stop

When I posted on this issue to another list, W3LPL responded that it's
fairly common for harmonics with this sort of characteristic to be
generated in active electronics like switching power supplies.  Sort of
identifying which is the culprit and choking every cable connected to
it, there's no solution.

73, Jim K9YC