From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Tom
Field
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 5:30 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] KXPA Power Output

I'm having difficulty getting more than about 70 to 80 watts out of the KXPA
100. I have it connected to a KX3 with the Elecraft cable and have gone
through the calibration procedure as outlined in the owners manual and in
Fred Cady's excellent book.

For Example if I go through the calibration procedure on 40 meters, It
appears to show a drive level of 5 watts to achieve 75 watt output.
If I transmit into a dummy load, with the power setting at 100 watts, I have
a drive power of about 2.6 watts and an output power of about 70 watts as
shown in the KXPA Utility.

Am I missing something?

Tom
KN6DR