WRU nailed it. I missed it in the original posting.
You're losing 1.7 volts in 8ft of that "#14 wire". That's about as bad as it gets. Why didn't you use the power cable supplied with the amp? I believe it's #12. What kind of power supply is running the amp? It has to be 25 amps peak *minimum*, I'd say continuous. What else is being run on the same power supply?