As I said, that’s true if you occasionally drive high SWR loads. There’s no
downside in normal operation. And with a supply like the Astron, if you
accidentally overload it, all you need do is cycle the power switch.

73 Ron AC7AC

From: Walter Underwood [mailto:wun...@wunderwood.org]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 5:05 PM
To: Ron D'Eau Claire; Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KXPA Power Output

Glad that a 20 A supply works for you, but the specs say:

"12-15 Vdc (13.8 V nominal), at least 24 A peak capacity. About 1 mA parasitic
drain current whenever dc power is connected.”

So for the least problems, make sure that your supply can deliver 24 A peak,
not 20 A peak.

wunder
K6WRU

Walter Underwood