I replaced two OLD astrons (over 30 years on each) last summer with a couple of Powerwerx SS-30DVs and have had no problems with noise at all.

Having said that, I should qualify my statement: I have a typical noise level of band noise only. In other words, I receive no noise from local modern conveniences. My antennas are 100 feet from the house. Distance makes a wonderful noise insulator.

When I switch to a multi-band dipole fastened to an eave corner of the house - the noise will jump a couple of S units. That is the local modern crap that infests the house. And, that is why my regular antennas are well removed from the house.

By the way, those new power supplies do not even cause a problem on the close in antenna. Very quiet.

Bill W2BLC K-Line