Rick,

Re "a desktop key that is close to the size and action of the key attached to the KX3": That's your core question, it appears.

Size-wise the Begali Adventure is likely close, but action-wise likely not. It can be a desktop key on the right base. But price is likely prohibitive for what you have in mind.

Perhaps Wayne will weigh in.

73, Phil W7OX