From: Barry LaZar <k3...@comcast.net>
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2016 3:02 PM
To: Dave Fugleberg; Dale Putnam; Bill; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re[2]: [Elecraft] CW Key Recommendation

I spent a lot of time this weekend copying CW operators who were superb
and a lot who barely know how to send. I was in the latter category and
quite oftenand  I would receive a QLF??. I built an accukeyer featured
in QST a lot of years ago and in a number of the ARRL Handbooks.

I bought a FYO paddle set which is what the Bencher looks like. I never
did use iambic sending, nor do I today. However, the result was no more
QLF?, and my fatigue level is much lower after a long weekend.

My point is you need to really practice to get good with a key so you
can be read. An electronic keyer, like in the Elecraft radios or a
Winkeyer used with a dual or single paddle set will really clean up your
sending and lessen your fatigue, even if you never use the iambic
features available.

73,
Barry
K3NDM