Just completed the KXB3080 modification today and made my first 80m QSO with
HI3/OK2ZU (Dominican Republic), running about three watts to a Butternut HF-2V
antenna.

Like Spence, W7CSW (who reported on his March 7), I was pleased to participate
as a field tester for this very worthwhile modification to the KX1.  The
instructions are very detailed and clear, with good illustrations to guide you
through the carefully planned steps.

I'm very happy to have my favorite band (80 meters) now available in my QRP rig!

73,
Chuck  NI0C
KX1 s/n 1287