No Rick, they have developed a new plating process [Cu on Cu] that makes 12 ga wire perform like 10 ga wire. Now, if you wanted to use it for speaker wire, you would need yet another plating to prevent audio distortion and achieve the highest fidelity. That makes it more expensive.

At least that's what I saw on the Internet and you're not allowed to put anything on the Internet that isn't true ...

73,

Fred K6DGW
Sparks NV
Washoe County DM09dn