Same with shoe sizes. I've gone from a Size 9 to a Size 11 and nothing I have related to shoe size got any bigger.

Eric KE6US

On 8/11/2016 9:17 AM, Charlie T, K3ICH wrote:
Bad analogy.  The 2 X 4 inch measurement of a piece of construction lumber
is before planning, or rough cut lumber.  The finished dimension is more
like 3½ X 1½ which hasn't changed.
  However, you might be right on the speaker wire.  Maybe some "secret" wire
formula that is equivalent to 10 gauge. (HI)

Sorta like the ½ gallon of Ice cream that went from 1¾ to 1½ quarts.
Although they don't still CALL it a half gallon.  It just looks the same.

If you paid though pay-pal, just complain.  They side with the buyer 99% of
the time, so you'll more than likely, get you money back.

73, Charlie k3ICH

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of rick
jones via Elecraft
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 11:21 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] [OT] Zip Wire Misrepresentation?

I just bought 20' of what was supposed to be 10GA zip wire from that auction
site. It is clearly marked as "Audiopipe 10 Gauge speaker cable". The
conductor is actually 12GA at best. Is this becoming common practice or is
wire going the way of 2X4 lumber? Suggestions for a reputable source of true
10GA PTFE zip wire for K3 power?

delivered to pin...@erols.com

Message delivered to eric_c...@hotmail.com