Should read... Having them on most assuredly will.

On 9/3/2016 9:39 AM, Kevin wrote:
Bill,

As has been said by others in this thread...any bandwidth limitations you get while running Skimmer are because that's the way the developer of Skimmer wanted it or was required to have it. LP-Pan display bandwidth is dictated by nothing other than the bandwidth of you sound card and the software you run to view it. If you're seeing images on the spectrum, again, that's a software thing. I'm sure all the SDR software out there have procedures to null those out. It would be the same if you went the more expensive SDR's They are all single conversion receivers and will generate images.

If you were so inclines you could buy a KX3 and use it. Same basic architecture as the high prices SDR's like QS1R and Perseus, RX I/Q output straight to the computer. Skimmer would still be limited to + or - 22KHz and there would still be images that needed nulling via the SDR software.

You have a Zonar 5, good card, 192KHz bandwidth. Using it's big brother the U7 (same specs) I get right around 95KHz either side of my VFO frequency on the spectrum display. I can plant my VFO on 14.060 and see the entire CW segment with out touching a thing. I choose not to limit myself by using Skimmer. Crank the displayed bandwidth down to + or - 5KHz on a DX pileup and it's magical. I can see where the last caller was/is in the pileup and can see which way the DX is working the pile, up or down, and put my signal in the right spot for a call. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

As for the conflict between LP-Bridge and Router, it's to be expected. Two applications which do more or less the same thing fighting over control of serial ports. I doubt seriously having both installed on the computer at the same time causes any conflict for either. Using them at the same time most assuredly will.

[pjd] Yes, this was all done when I bought the LP-PAN and Skimmer. It IS
working as best it can, but it cannot do what I need it to do, and that's
why I'm posting here--unless I've completely misunderstood the LP-PAN
limitations. That device seems to only allow me to see something like 22 kHz
on either side of my tuned frequency. If I'm working at 14.022, that's
great. I can see 14.000 to 12.044. If I'm S&Ping at 14.095 I'm kinda hosed.

I reiterate, I need to be able to see then entire CW sub-band (or as much as possible), from 14.000 to 14.100 at least. I'd be good with a 96 kHz spread (14.0-14.096), INDEPENDENT of where my 2nd VFO is tuned. I do not believe
LP-PAN can achieve this desired goal, but again, I could be mistaken.

  >>Note carefully, you do not have to run NaP3 or other panadapter
applications - CW Skimmer is independent of those.
[pjd] That's good, because I don't' want to run any of those. I just want
the decoded calls to show up on my bandmap.

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H

---