Bret,

In my opinion, a speaker should not "color" the audio response of the receiver.

While it is true that there is not normally much response above 4000Hz from a ham transceiver, the speaker should not be the limiting factor.

IMHO, the best characteristic of a speaker is the flatness of its response curve rather than its frequency range. A speaker with a flat response will allow you to hear the transceiver "as it should be" without distortion. So my vote is for "High-Fidelity" speakers.

73,
Don W3FPR