Converting electrical power to mechanical power is fraught with peril. One way
to get excellent performance from 300 to 3000 Hertz is to have very good
performance from 30 to 30,000 Hertz. Or something like that. We want to be in
the safely linear portion of the speaker.

That said, I just bought some cheap Pyle speakers (two for $20) and am trying
them out. Because hams are cheap. But I really wanted some of the old Radio
Shack small two-way speakers. I have one of those on my Lowe HF-150 Europa and
it is just fine, thank you.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood