On Sun, 2016-10-16 at 18:28 -0400, Don Wilhelm wrote:
> Bret,
>
> In my opinion, a speaker should not "color" the audio response of the
> receiver.

Au contraire, the speaker is as much a part of the radio as the
synthesizer, or the APF is.  We are not dealing with a high end stereo
here, (where the speakers should never color things, but frequently do),
we are dealing with the terminal end of a communications link, which can
be several thousand miles long, and as such, the speaker is just another
filter/device to reproduce the sound.  Filters by nature color things,
hence the speaker must color the sound if we are to use all parts as
efficiently as possible.

--
73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)