On 10/16/2016 6:28 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
> IMHO, the best characteristic of a speaker is the flatness of its
> response curve rather than its frequency range.  A speaker with a flat
> response will allow you to hear the transceiver "as it should be"
> without distortion. So my vote is for "High-Fidelity" speakers.

While I agree that the speakers should not color the transceiver,
excessive low frequency response on receive is as wasteful as excessive
low frequency response on transmit.  In that regard, I'm very happy
with a pair of Pyle PCB3 (3" Mini Cube Bookshelf Speakers) - one left
and one right.  They are specified for 90 Hz - 18 KHz and I *still*
use the maximum RX EQ cut on the 50 and 100 Hz bands.

Speaker response above 5 - 6 KHz is moot since the K3/K3S includes a
4.5 KHz "brick wall" lowpass filter in the headphone/speaker channel.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV