From: Don Wilhelm <donw...@embarqmail.com>
To: MaverickNH <cbjesse...@comcast.net>, elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Speakers - Optimal Frequency Range?

Bret,

In my opinion, a speaker should not "color" the audio response of the
receiver.

While it is true that there is not normally much response above 4000Hz
from a ham transceiver, the speaker should not be the limiting factor.

IMHO, the best characteristic of a speaker is the flatness of its
response curve rather than its frequency range.  A speaker with a flat
response will allow you to hear the transceiver "as it should be"
without distortion. So my vote is for "High-Fidelity" speakers.

73,
Don W3FPR

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com