On Sun, 2016-10-16 at 20:47 -0800, Edward R Cole wrote:
> As many of you know I suffer extreme hearing loss (especially high
> freqs), so Don's comment really hit home for me.  Several years ago I
> debated buying a home theater system with prof. speakers as I
> wondered if I could discern the improvement.  I found that having
> very linear response from 50-Hz to 20KHz improved understanding of
> voice on the TV as well as enjoyable music.

Edward,

My last hearing test, I asked for and received a copy of my hearing
results.  I used to listen to CW at 650 Hz., and noticed that my speed
was slowing down as my hearing got worse over time.

I noted a big dip in my hearing response at 600 Hz. from the results of
the hearing test.  I then changed the spot frequency from 650 to 540,
which is not nearly as depressed, I copy CW MUCH faster as a result of
that change.

I in essence, have used the K3 EQ to adjust for my hearing deficiencies,
producing something much flatter between 300 to 3000 Hz. than I would be
hearing without the EQ.

Over all this has really helped both my CW and SSB receive ability.

--
73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)