Guessing a lot of us first licensed in 1950's learned code from one of these. Instruct-O-Graph sounds familiar. My ham license instructor (elmer) used one in night-time class a nearby HS (Caro, MI). He was music teacher for his day job. Must have trusted me as he let me take it home after class ended. I got to where I had memorized the tape after playing it, so resorted to copying code with my 3-tube regen receiver on 40m. He administered my Novice exam resulting in KN8MWA in Nov. 1958.

First ham station: Knight Ocean Hopper and DX35 to twinlead 40m FD:
http://www.kl7uw.com/1958%20HamStation.jpg

I visited the Manitoba museum in 1999 after attending Microwave Update in Winnipeg.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag Business e-mail: