Let's wind down and end this OT thread in the interest of controlling email overload for other list readers. (We're now at 35 posts..)

73,
Eric
/elecraft.com
List Moderator etc.
/
On 11/1/2016 11:32 AM, Fred Jensen wrote:
Los Angeles, early 1953: They used a 2-hole tape reader. Big thing, smelled of oil, sat in a tin tray next to the examiner's desk. Used a tach on the motor shaft to indicate speed on a gauge that looked exactly like a pressure gauge on a steam locomotive. Very imposing and intimidating, and the Examiner [wearing a green eyeshade] told me to sit right next to it. :-(