Bruce,

Check the mic element in that ProSet - the type is normally printed where the microphone boom attaches to the headphones.
If it is an "iC" type, you need to turn bias on.

If there is a capacitor in series with the AF line in the MicroKeyer, then setting bias on in the K3 will not be effective because the capacitor will block the bias voltage. Joe Subich can tell you about that.

73,
Don W3FPR