Rick:
I have K1 #1423 which I build 3 years ago. I first
went with the 150 KHz tuning, it was way to touchy and
I changed it to 80 KHz.
Lately I have wanted to work just above 7.1 MHz and I
opened up the K1 and put a silver mica 22 pfd in
parallel with C2. I put it on top of the board.
I now get up to 7118 KHz and an finding quite a bit of
CW above 7.1.

The K1 is my only HF rig. A K2 sure would be nice.

73, Ty, W1TF

Rick wrote . . . Has anyone gone from 80khz to 150khz
and regretted  the change?    Rick - K7MW