I tried the direct wiring fix first. It didn’t change anything. And the voltage
drop was radical. It would go down sometimes from 13 to 11 volts. The voltage
drop was not indicated on the power supply volt meter. And remember, the big
Astron power supply works fine with my IC-7300 and IC-746 off the Rig Runner
strip. Maybe those rigs work better with the voltage variation. But something
is going on here with either the power supple or the K3. I paid about $200 for
the big power supply back in the 90’s. I think the little Astron supply
(switching type) was less than $100. Maybe the difference is between
transformers and switching technology. Anyway, my nightmare is over with a
happy ending.

Jimmy

On Jan 28, 2017, at 10:27 PM, Don Wilhelm