Heil's quality control *sucks*.  Their cables are notorious for
reversing mic return and chassis ground (shield/PTT return) and/or
connecting the mic return to the shell of the Foster plug instead
of the mic return pin.

Use an ohm meter and make sure that pin 1 of the XLR (shield/shell)
is connected to the *shell* of the Foster plug and pin 3 of the XLR
(mic return) is connected *only* to pin 7 of the Foster plug.

Connecting pin 7 of the Foster plug to the shell (particularly at
the XLR end of the cable) is a sure fire way to make any RFI problem
in your shack/installation exponentially worse.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV