I'm approaching my 60th year in ham radio and have a confession; I learned Morse with my Boy Scout Handbook (still have it) by sight not sound. Consequently, I've never been a very good CW op, although I have a 20 WPM Extra license. As a Novice I used a Western Electric "Pole-Changer" straight key given to me by a non-ham retired telegrapher friend, (That's still on the operating desk). I never even tried a bug, but when I built my first Accu-Keyer I finally had some help. I used it with a number of rigs and when the Accu-Memory came out I was in heaven.

I build two of them at first and gave one to my friend George Badger, W6TC, who liked it too. Then I built a third one for the heart of my meteor scatter/EME station. With several handfulls of TTL logic I added a timer/sequencer that used the power line as a time base to automatically control the station on the various sequences used for MS and EME. Preamp switching/relay delay, TX delay, etc were all timed by the keyer and the "canned" messages were in memory. All I had to do was listen and select the next message as the QSO progressed. (That one is still in my storage building too.)

Among its wonderful ergonomics the TS870 that I had before buying a K3 was an Accu-Keyer emulation. I never had trouble sending CW with that rig. Enter the K3 (and now a K3S). I can't even send my call gracefully. I was prepared to buy the Idiom Press unit when they went out of business.

I would love Accu-Keyer emulation in my K3s.

Wes  N7WS