I am colorblind... as in monochrome. The color waterfall on the P3 is barely usable for me. The monochrome option is perfect. I've used an IC-7600 and a PRO3 on county expeditions for the Cal QSOwhich [apparently] are quite colorful. It's a real strain for me. K3 is just fine the way it is. My Heath MM-1 is certainly "dated." It works just fine.

73,

Fred ("Skip") K6DGW
Sparks NV USA
Washoe County DM09dn