As I mentioned in my document

“Human speech contains sinusoidal elements that the LMS algorithm adapts to and
creates a filter around the speech waveform.  The waveform constantly changes
and to conform to the human speech patterns, the LMS filter must continuously
change the filter’s shape.  Under these conditions, it is too difficult to
characterize the K3/K3S NR adjustments.

That’s why I used a single tone test.

Human speech contains sinusoidal along with non-sinusoidal elements.  TH, S and
W are a few non-sinusoidal elements and are more analogous to white and pink
noise.  By attacking these elements, an aggressive NR reduction scheme can
rendered speech unintelligible.  Other languages have an abundance
non-sinusoidal speech and the question is, how will a NR scheme treat it?  In
the telecom engineering lab where I worked, to test eco-cancelers, we actually
used recordings of other languages.  Using tools that I have at my disposal, my
test was to simply characterize the K3/K3S NR system.

Noise reduction is magic but the bottom line is, how much does it reduce noise
and is it so aggressive that is makes human speech un-intelligible?  The most
difficult part is to find the correct parameters that can satisfy both
conditions.

--

Jack WA9FVP- http://www.willcoele.com/radio_repair
<http://www.willcoele.com/radio_repair>

The Radio Reclamation Center (815) 463-9365