> On my Win 10 machine I can tell by going to Device Manager, Ports, selecting
> the specific port in question, then right clicking and going to Properties.
> There, on all of my USB connections, it says "Manufacturer: FTDI".    Hope
> that will help.

Thanks, Bill, but I don't know which interface cable he has - it could
be Prolific or FTDI,  depending on how old it is.  Because there are
two COM ports not associated with the microHAM device (the generic
"USB" and the one that has a Silicon Labs driver), I guess I have to
assume that the generic USB COM port is the one that the K3 needs.
I'll see what type of device it is, and if I can find the right driver
for it.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us