Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County

On 9/7/2017 1:54 PM, Mel Farrer via Elecraft wrote:
I tried to get more information on the "syntergy" process.  I know of no
electrical design of the alternator that allow a non distorted change in frequency of the
output,  However a method of load sensing and a planetary transmission with speed
selection could do the job of letting the motor run slower while the alternator is at
constant speed.  The 5-12 minute load sensing could be the process of the speed selection
so that no load is affected.  Hummm interesting.
I have a 35 KW diesel Generac and never looked back.  It uses the old governor
method of adjusting engineer fuel/RPM to load. Less load less fuel used.  OH
well.
Mel, K6KBE

       From: Doug Hensley <w...@hotmail.com>
  To: Elecraft List <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
  Sent: Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:18 PM
  Subject: [Elecraft] OT: Whole House Generator
If you want to respond to this, please respond privately to me and NOT the list.

I am going through the process of choosing a whole house home generator and what caught
my ey in the process was a new generator by GENERAC called "Syntergy" which
uses a new three-vein generator and produces a relatively clean sine wave.  So clean,
GENERAC claims less than 1% harmonic distortion, a level virtually undetectable to the
user.

Has anyone studied this unit and made any conclusions about it?  Their standard
unit produces a minimum of 10% harmonic distortion and they warn some
communications services might become unuseable.

Again, respond to me privately:  <<  w5jv @ hotmail.com  >>.

Thank you,

Doug W5JV

Message delivered to farrerfo...@yahoo.com