Likewise - 3 direct hits to the tower and nothing in the house damaged.
Radios always plugged in.

Do it properly (don't trust me - google it).  Lots of buried ground rods and
copper strap and a single point of ground connection for the radio bench
(only).  Gas arrestors across all the aerial and rotator connections (and
MOV's etc where appropriate).  Radio bench isolated from house mains and all
other electronic devices (optic fibre to PC).  All the lightning arrestors
(and MOV's) bolted to a single copper ground bus bar - the single point
ground connection is from here to the tower ground system.  This keeps the
differential voltage across all the radio connections to a minimum.

The caveat is - don't operate the radio (manually) in thunderstorms.  Of
course it's fine via the optic fibre.

One lightening hit shook my teeth and made me jump a couple of feet into the
air.  Most things in the house with running software just crashed.  All came
good when the power was cycled - nothing was permanently damaged.  To say I
was relieved is quite an understatement.  The 2m collinear at the top of the
tower didn't survive.

Shame the phone guys don't so it as well.  If I get a tree hit by lightning
in the front paddock the phone stops working (either immediately or the next
time it rains).  They replace the gas arrestors and dig up the cable.

73's Peter VK4JD